Time away.

Even though it's only a few days away from our son, my wife and I switch off days of work to be home and take care of him, we both find it really hard to be away from him for even that amount of time during the day. I can't speak for her, but for me it's so hard to know that your missing out on moments of his day that could be so wonderful and memorable. You just don't get to be there. I remember when he was first born finding myself just staring at his face in awe and amazement. Even now that he is older I still really enjoy watching him interact with and explore his world. I find my thoughts often drift to wondering how he is and if he's happy, I can only imagine how it will feel later on and we have to let him go to school and other activities that we just don't get to be there for. Man it's hard to be a parent sometimes, and my kid is only 9 months old. ;)

0 comments: